What is ClassDojo?
At Edith Cavell Academy ClassDojo is used across the whole school.
Class Dojo is an interactive way of sharing communication between home and school.
You can use ClassDojo on an app for iOS and Android, and also from a computer at: www.classdojo.com It is free to download and use.
ClassDojo Portfolios are digital student portfolios that allow students to share classwork with their teachers and family. Teachers can also assign projects directly to students. Teachers can view and approve student work on Portfolios. Students can create and upload photos, videos, drawings through ClassDojo, and can also upload Microsoft Office files, PDFs, and image files from any laptop devices to which students can respond. Parents and teachers can leave positive feedback in the form of a ‘like’ and/or comments.
Stories are instantly updating streams of messages, pictures and videos similar to a Twitter-style timeline. Every class has their own Story, all of which are shared home with parents. Class Story helps teachers to share with all families connected to their class.
Messages allow teachers and parents to message each other directly (similar to a text message), without needing to share phone numbers or contact details. Messages sent out of hours will not be seen by the teacher until the next working day.
Messaging through Dojo should not be used for sensitive issues.
Parents should not report child absence through Dojo.
Dojo or Monster Points
Teachers use Class Dojo to promote positive behaviours in their classroom. Each child gets a monster avatar, and teachers can award Dojos for things such as staying on task, meeting a target, being kind or doing brilliant homework. Each student’s monster can only be customised from within a student account.
Create a Parent Account
Parent accounts can be set up with a Parent Code, or with an email invitation.
Both of these methods can be acquired through your child's teacher.
Please note: email invites may only be used to create a parent account on the web. Once the account is created, you can access it on both the website and the app.
Please watch the video guide
To Create a Parent Account with a Parent Code:
1. Go to home.classdojo.com and click on the
2. Click on the "Enter Your Code" link at the top of the screen
3. Enter your code and click on Join Class
4. Click on "I'm ___'s Parent"
5. Enter your first and last name, your email, and create a password and click "Sign
Create an Account Using an Email Invite:
1. Click on the link in your email invite
2. Click on the "I'm ____'s Parent" button
3. Enter your first and last name, email, and create a login password and click
1. Download the ClassDojo app from the App Store
2. Click "Parent"
3. Enter your email address and create a login password (must be at least 6
4. Tap "Next"
5. Enter your first and last name, then tap "Next"
6. Swipe past the introduction, then tap "Get Started"
7. Enter your Parent Code then tap "Check Code"
If you do not have a parent code to enter, you can request one from your teacher, or click the purple “Find Teacher” button to request approval to connect to your child’s class. If your teacher’s name, or your school is not yet on the list, you can click the blue ”Can’t Find Your Child’s School” to send an invite to your child’s teacher using their email address and your child’s name.
1. Download the ClassDojo app from the Google Play store
2. Scroll down and click on the blue "I Need to Create a New Account” button
3. Click on "Parent"
4. Enter your email address and a password (must be at least 6 characters long)
5. Click "Next"
6. Enter your first and last name
7. Click "Finish Account Setup"
8. Enter your parent code (between 7 - 9 characters long, starts with a "P") and
click "Check code"
9. A valid code will bring you to your introduction page. Scroll through the pages and click the blue “Finish” button to be brought to the parent account home screen If you do not have a parent code to enter, you can request one from your teacher, or click the purple “Find Teacher” button to request approval to connect to your child’s class. If your teacher’s name, or your school is not yet on the list, you can click the blue ”Can’t Find Your Child’s School” to send an invite to your child’s teacher using their email address and your child’s name.